Call for abstracts
>> THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED <<
The Scientific Committee invites you to submit abtracts to the 18th International Conference on Harmful Algae.
New deadline for abstract submission : 1 May 2018 (instead of 15 April 2018)
- Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted and will therefore not be considered for the programme or for publication.
- Abstract should be submitted electronically via the Conference web site: www.icha2018.com following the easy, step-by-step instructions.
- Abstracts submitted by email will not be reviewed.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- Abstracts must contain work that has not been previously presented at any national or international meeting.
- The authors’ conclusions should be clearly stated. General statements such as “the significance of these findings will be discussed” will be regarded unfavourably and will generally lead to a lower classification of the abstracts.
- Initials and abbreviations which are not in common use should be avoided unless they are essential.
- Remember to check spelling and grammar carefully. Your electronically submitted abstract text will be reproduced as submitted.
- All selected abstracts will be reproduced, as sent, on an USB Key
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute registration for the conference. Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the presenting author will attend the meeting and the expectation that financial resources to attend are available.
Each paper will be allocated 12 minute presentation time with 3 minutes for questions.
Ignite Talk will be allocated 5 minute presentation time (no questions)
Posters must respect format and sizes that will be detailed at a later stage. Posters will be displayed in areas close to the rooms where the oral sessions will be held and will be available for viewing at all times for the duration of the conference. Authors will be required to be available at designated times during poster sessions to discuss their poster with other delegates.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by members of the ICHA 2018 Scientific Commitee/ IAC / session chairs.
- Acceptance or rejection of an abstract is based on the average grade awarded by the reviewers.
- Selected abstracts will be presented as oral presentations or ignite talks, during the Poster sessions or as posters. A preference for oral, ignite talk or poster presentation can be indicated although the Scientific Commitee / IAC / session chairs will make the final decision as to how the abstract will be presented.
- Authors will be notified of the selection results by email on 15 June 2018 and will receive all technical information and presentation instructions prior to the Conference.